Thursday, September 30, 2010

You Are My Electric Girl

(Shirt: Target, Jeans: Visgoss Jeans via Plato's Closet, Shoes: Lacoste via Plato's Closet, Belt: Target, Necklace: American Eagle, Ring: Vintage, gifted)

Just so you know, this is pretty much me, all the time. I go through lots of "film" taking pictures that are unusable. This is one of my better tries. This is honestly what pops in my head when someone says "pose". What would Tyra say about this?

Getting down to this spot on the hill was very difficult, hence the twisted legs. I really really really wanted to get down to the tracks here and take pictures next to the tankers, but apparently you're not supposed too. There was a lot of inhibitive greenery. and rocks. lots of rocks. Other than the fact that this picture shows my failure to reach my desired destination and a strange placement of limbs, I really like it. I love the tankers in the back, and the tall grass was really pretty.

ANNNDD a close up of my sweater which is new. I officially love it. It's comfortable and will work for fall and winter because of the 3/4 sleeves. It's a little cropped, so when I was stretching out before Chorus, my entire stomach was exposed. At least I've been working out.

The necklace is a working, opening and closing pocket watch, and one of the most amazing things I own. I actually use it to tell time. The ring was also a gift from my friend Olivia a few years ago. What's not to love about Hello Kitty? My nail polish is also in it's usual state of disrepair. How do people have the time to keep their nails looking decent without a weekly appointment at the nail salon? I do too many things with my hands during the day to keep them looking nice.

You can't see it from this angle, but there are alligators on the sides, and stripes. Haha I should have gotten a better picture. Anyway, I got these at Plato's Closet for $8 with the tags still on! What are the odds?! A bargain hunter's dream! BEST DAY EVER. Except perhaps the day I bought my Nike Bag. But a close second. 

The embroidery on the back of the jeans is awesome. All right. I would like to take this time to go on a little rant about expensive jeans. Why do people buy them full price? Like cars that lose thousands as soon as they are driven off the lot, what is the point? I buy all my jeans used, and most of them were relatively expensive brands, but so worth it at $20 a pop. And worn-in too boot. Phew. Done with that. These jeans are comfortable, and only my third pair of skinny jeans. Although... skinny jeans and I have gotten really close and I'm considering a long term relationship. Serious! I know. I'll send you all an invitation to our wedding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment