Saturday, September 4, 2010

If a Body Meet a Body Coming Through the Rye

In the 11th grade I read The Catcher in the Rye with my English class, and I loved it. A lot. I liked how J.D. Salinger wrote with a voice that sounded a lot like what goes on in my head: random, and sarcastic. The difference between myself and Holden is, one, I'm not an angry high school dropout/delinquent. Also, I'm not a boy. And secondly, While I may think some of the things that he does, I don't act on them. The whole idea of sleeping in train stations and hiding out in hotels filled with hookers doesn't really appeal to me. But to each his own. The reason I just babbled on about Catcher in the Rye is style related, I promise:



This shirt is from Out of Print Clothing, a website where when you buy a shirt, a book is given to a school in Africa. That plus the fact that they put book covers on the front of their shirts had me sold.



(Shirt: Out of Print Clothing, Skirt: Target, Belt: Vintage, Shoes: Miss Trish for Target)



No comments:

Post a Comment