Monday, September 20, 2010

Urban Cowgirl

(Shirt: Actually a Dress Jolt via Goodwill, Skirt: H&M, Belt: Vintage, Shoes: Rainbows)


If you looks closely in the windows on either side of me, you can probably see some people working. I hope they didn't get annoyed! I just really liked the combination of the bricks and the windows. :)


I don't own a chambray shirt, so I decided to improvise and make one myself out of a short dress I have. I really want to wear this dress, because it looks super good with my brown leather belt, but it's a little short. I'll just wait until it gets a little cooler and then wear it with tights and boots. Ah! I can't wait for fall!


I discovered this belt in my mom's closet a few months ago and have worn it several times. It's proof that my mom was cool in the 80s! Haha. I had to tie it in the front because it wouldn't tuck in correctly, but I think it works, and it adds a western touch to my outfit. 


One problem with wearing a dress under this skirt is that it was JUST short enough not to show, but long enough to be very annoying. I had to keep tugging it down all day and take several trips to the bathroom to rearrange it all.


It was so hot today because there was no breeze and the sun felt so intense. Jean material probably wasn't the best idea. Oh well. The light patterns under this bush were awesome and being in the shade felt so good!


Me, Kayla and Cheyenne goofing off before cross country. (Kayla has a blog now! Go check it out!)
Hope you all had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment