Friday, October 1, 2010

I Brake for Geese

(Skirt: DIY, Shirt: Michael Stars via Plato's Closet, Belt: Kohls, Shoes: Sperry Topsiders, Necklace: American Eagle, Ring: Vintage Spoon Ring via Etsy)

It was the most beautiful temperature today. Cheyenne and I walked around downtown and checked out a whole bunch of stores. There was a really cute one that sold beads and charms. I'm going to try and make my own necklace next week.

I've driven past this "Cameras" sign a million times but never stopped to look at, or the store next to it. Cheyenne and I stepped inside and drooled over the expensive cameras. An SLR would be so nice. But as long as I'm making wishes, I should probably ask for large amounts of money to pay for said camera. And then I'd wish for unlimited wishes.

Cheyenne looking cute as usual. Today, she and two of my other friends (Mallory included) were wearing a v-neck, pocketed gray t-shirt. Weird.

Brag... I mean: Bargain Alert: These shoes were 70% off at Dillards. And this necklace was from an AE outlet store. I've only ever bought one pair of jeans and one shirt from American Eagle. I really don't like going into their store at the mall for some reason. I think one deterrent factor may be fighting off the cougar moms when reaching for an xxit'swaytoosmallyou'llneverfitinityou're40 shirt. I believe Kendi has complained about this before as well. Also, whenever I ask someone where their shirt is from and they say it's from AE, I could SWEAR I'd never seen it before, even if I was at the store yesterday. The cute stuff that fits me seems to never be on display. So I have given up and instead buy AE jeans at Plato's Closet and their jewelry at outlets. And ignore the rest because anything AE is over worn at my school.

I love this skirt. Mallory and I went to Jo Ann's Fabrics, and she found the same pattern in blue, which is super cute, so the next week I copied her. (But not really. Because it's pink. completely different, right?) The only thing is, I feel like I can only hand wash it because there are a lot of threads that will pull and ruin the entire thing. And this was too good of a second try skirt to mess up.

The necklace is red, white and blue and has a nautical feel to it. This picture is from right outside the awesome bead store. Can't wait to go tomorrow!
An explanation for my title: Today, I had to wait patiently in my car for 5 minutes while they slowly proceeded across, goose fashion. But I was placated by my Tropical Smoothie Cafe smoothie, and didn't even get angry!
Have a great weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I machine washed mine... I have a lot of threads to cut...

    ReplyDelete