Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Grown Up


Time has been passing so quickly lately. I think it's because it's the summer and I seem to be busy every single minute, but it's made me think about big topics, specifically, life. Like how short it is. And how many people don't finish what they want to accomplish. Like how I keep thinking about things I'll do when "I grow up", when, most places in the world, I would have been supporting myself and possibly a family by this time. I am a grown-up. And I still have a million things to learn, which I think is what makes me feel like I'm trapped in an intermittent stage. 

And then there are things like my siblings growing up, my parents and grandparents getting older. It's scary stuff, man. Life is awesome, and you only get so much of it. I was lucky enough to travel around the country with my dad this past week, as well as going indoor skydiving with my mother, and it just makes me hungry for more traveling and more experiences but I feel like I am running out of time. It's hard not to worry about aging when the movie stars and the singers I used to think were impossibly old are my age or younger. I think I have to grasp the concept of living. So I'm going to try to make the most of everyday. Cheesy, but something that's been stuck in my head the past few weeks. I have to grow up, but I have to enjoy it as well. I might as well make the most of it.
"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment