Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mrs. [EX] Recruitment

(Dress: NO Idea, Tights: Michael Starr via TJ Maxx, Shoes: Seychelles via Modcloth)


Going into recruitment, I wasn't sure if I was going to join a sorority, but the first day I got super excited. Everyone was talking about how much they loved all of their sisters, saying how the process worked like a charm and everyone ended up where they were supposed to be. This was very reassuring, but after being "released" by house after house, it really starts to get to you. And at this point I realized that there was not some giant hand of fate leading you in the right direction of your sorority house. Doesn't God have better things to do? No, instead, when 99% of girls don't get the house they want, they make the best of the situation. And if they don't like it, they leave. You listen to all the girls raving about how they found just the house for them, but many of the houses probably would have fit them just as well. And for me, releasing myself from the whole process was the best thing to do. I feel very at peace with this decision. Having a good cry and listening to She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 over and over again helped.
Also: I looked damn good. Your loss Greek Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment