Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Simpler.

I've been obsessed with Anne of Green Gables since I was a little girl. There was just something so amazingly simple about the time in which she lived. I know that L.M. Montgomery portrayed a female who had extraordinary advantages that many others didn't have, but, on the nights when it's Halloween and all I want to do is sleep, I wonder what life would be like if I didn't have to worry about school and peer pressure. If I could just be mature, old-lady me who goes to bed early. If I could be just getting married and living on a beautiful farm somewhere in Canada, where the White Way of Delight would amaze me everyday. 
I sometimes wonder if this is the way college is supposed to be done. I know that you're not supposed to compare yourself to anyone else, but I keep wondering if I'm missing anything. Where is the balance between being content with who you are and and changing?
Wanna hear a fun fact? I was on a gameshow for my school today. And I knew absolutely nothing about pop-culture, especially no pop-culture that was Halloween-themed. And while I was standing there, not buzzing in on a single question, I at no point wanted to be anyone different. And that was a helpful feeling. I'm proud that I can't name all the Kardashians or stick one-liners to movies. If it had been one-liners from documentaries though, I would have felt bad about myself. Haha, such a nerd. 

This last picture is from my camping trip a few weeks back. Haha, I'm trying to share more pictures from it, but I can't see a preview because I'm shooting in RAW for my photography class and have no idea how to work a computer. I just kinda clicked at random and uploaded a few weird ones until I found one that was a lot of fun. This blog is losing all rhyme and reason. Whatever.
Thanks for reading through this mess. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment