Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Turned Around

(Sweater: Banana Rebpulic via Outlet, Pants: Thrifted, Shoes: Rack Room Shoes, Necklace: Forever 21, Watch: Thrifted via Flea Market)







Lately, one of my biggest struggles is to be happy. It's become increasingly difficult being in a new place. And there are some great days. Some days where I finally feel like I'm making a great group of friends and have lots of things to do, but that's not what I'm worrying about.
Liking myself has been one of my biggest problems. I am a very sarcastic person and I can get really excited about things which can lead to being obnoxious. Last night I was eating dinner with my friends and a friend of a friend was sitting with us and commented on how mean we were to each other. Our humor is mostly making fun of each other, never meaning any of. This was yet another moment when my personality was attacked and I tried for a while to stop being sarcastic, but that's just not me. I'm naturally sarcastic and my humor is sarcastic and I have to realize that.
I just want to start liking myself ALL the time, not just odd days.

No comments:

Post a Comment